1952 Lancia B52 Vignale
Type: Aurelia B52 Vignale
Mileage: 6,572 km
Price: On request
Mille Miglia Eligible: No
One of the most influential designs to emerge from Italy post World War II, the classic Aurelia was the first car ever to employ a V6 engine.
The first Aurelia was introduced at the Turin Motor Show in 1950.
The transmission was unusual, comprising a two-piece prop-shaft and combined gearbox/rear transaxle on which were mounted the inboard brakes, though this was not entirely new.
In 1952, Lancia offered the B52 chassis, with a slight increase over the B21’s 2,860-mm wheelbase, and a 2.0-liter V-6. In total Lancia built only 98 B52 chassis, the last of which was delivered in 1953.
This specific Lancia Aurelia B52, chassis B52-1026, was built for Count Christian Orssich de Slavetich. It was sent to Carrozzeria Vignale. It is thought only five B52s were bodied by Vignale, and only one other in a similar specification. Needless to say, this car is incredibly rare. The Count registered the vehicle in Zurich on 17 August 1954. In the 1990s, the B52 was completely restorated at KCA in Milan before being sent to the United States. The Lancia Aurelia won a lot of shows through the 1990s – including a class win at the 1995 Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance.
The B52 chassis is a longer version of the B20 to allow special coachwork. All the chassis were made in right hand drive configuration. It is powered by a 2.0 liter V-6 engine and has the correct Nardi dual carburetor conversion that produces 70 bhp@4800 rpm.
Complete restoration history available. Books and tools available.